Interdistrict Public School Choice
The Interdistrict School Choice Program was signed into law by Governor Christie on September 10, 2010. The program is designed to increase educational opportunities for students and their families by providing students with the option of attending a public school outside their district of residence without cost to their parents.
New Jersey Interdistrict Public School Choice
Please contact the Long Beach Island Consolidated School District office 609-494-2341 for more information about this program.
NOW is the time to act if you know someone who is interested in applying for their child to attend the Long Beach Island School District as a choice student for the 2013-2014 school year. Current Choice students do not need to reapply. The deadline for the application is November 1, 2012.
Interdistrict Public School Choice Program Act of 2010 18A:36B
Notice of Intent for 2012-2013 School Year
NOTICE OF INTENT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE INTERDISTRICT PUBLIC SCHOOL CHOICE PROGRAM
For Non-public School students and students who have not attended a school in their district of residence for one year (including kindergarten students), please contact the choice district in which you are interested for information about applications.
For Public School Students who have attended a school in their district of residence for one year: Please use the Notice of Intent to Participate Form.
- Complete the Notice of Intent to Participate.
- Make a copy of the Notice of Intent to Participate for yourself and one for the choice district.
- Call the Parent Information Center for the choice district to which you are applying and ask for the choice district's procedure for filing the Notice of Intent to Participate with your district of residence.
- The Notice of Intent to Participate must be received by your district of residence by November 1.
- To ensure delivery of the Notice of Intent by the due date, use one of the following:
- mail the Notice of Intent to Participate to your district of residence via certified mail, return receipt requested; or
- deliver the Notice of Intent to Participate directly to the Superintendent of your district of residence, getting a signed and dated receipt from the person to whom you deliver the Notice of Intent to Participate; or
NOTE: It is ESSENTIAL that you obtain and keep a signed and dated receipt for the delivery of the Notice of Intent to Participate in the Interdistrict Public School Choice Program.
For more information and all application forms, contact the choice district in which you are interested.
Interdistrict Public School Choice Program
New Jersey State Department of Education
P.O. Box 500
Trenton, New Jersey 08625-0500